Planning your own trip can seem like a daunting task, especially if you’ve never done it before, but with this guide, you’ll be a travel expert in no time!
Make sure to read this entire page before booking anything
Now, there are three main things to consider when planning your own trip:
– The first thing you have to do is pick where you want to go! If you already have a place in mind (and you’ve checked to make sure you meet the Visa & Vaccination requirements to go there), then go ahead and move on to transportation. Otherwise, check out the Destination Guides to find the perfect destination for your getaway!
– Once you have your destination picked, you’ll need to think about how you’re going to get there and how you’re going to get around (if you’re going to more than one destination). From planes to trains to automobiles, check out the Transportation Guide for the ultimate guide to transportation!
– And if you’ve found the perfect method of transportation, then you’re going to need a place to stay. These days, there are more options than ever for accommodation so make sure you check out the Accommodation Guide to find the right one for your trip!
But before you do any of that…
There are also some other important things to take into account when planning your trip:
– Depending on where you’re from and where you’re going, you may need to get a tourist visa. You may also need to get vaccinated as some destinations require vaccination records for certain viruses. This is all part of choosing a destination and a very important step to consider before booking any part of your trip so be sure to check out the Guide to Visas & Vaccinations to ensure you won’t get turned away when you arrive at your destination!
– Another important thing to consider is travel insurance. You may already be covered by your benefits from work or your credit card, but if you are not, it is definitely something to look into as travel insurance can be the difference between an inexpensive vacation and a debt-inducing one. Check out the Guide to Travel Insurance for more information!
– And not just reserved for recent graduates on a gap year, budget traveling is something that everyone should consider, especially if you really want to save money on your travels. From learning what you need to go all-out backpacking across continents to simply finding the cheapest options possible for your travels, there is something for everyone in the Budget Traveling Guide!
And a few more things to prepare for:
– Thinking about how you’re going to handle money while you’re abroad is super important. Being well-prepared could mean saving money on unnecessary fees and also getting points that make future travel cheaper. Everything from debit & credit cards to the best ways to get cash while abroad is discussed in the Guide to Money Management While Traveling.
– Some travel accessories are absolutely vital when you’re on your trip whereas others are simply useful to have. I give you the low-down on all of them, including Travel-Ready Phones and Prepaid SIM Cards, in the Guide to the Top Travel Accessories.
– Knowing how to pack your bags efficiently can mean avoiding expensive luggage fees and carrying around more than you need to. I tell you what you need to bring and show you how to pack so that you can bring everything you need with you and still travel light in the Guide to Packing For Your Trip.
And if you want all the information laid out for you in a step-by-step guide, click below!